Table of Contents
- What is a knife sharpener?
- Benefits and Advantages of using knife sharpener
- Top features of best knife sharpener
- List of 10 Best Electric Choice Knife Sharpener 2020 Reviews
- 1. Chef’sChoice 120 Diamond Hone EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- 2. Wusthof 3-stage PEtec Electric Knife Sharpener
- 3. Chef’sChoice 220 Hybrid Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener
- 4. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- 5. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
- 6. Chef’sChoice 270 Hybrid Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Combines Electric
- 7. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- 8. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- 9. Chef’sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpening Station
- 10. Chef’sChoice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener
The concept of a knife sharpener at home comes in as a way for people who want the best cooking of knife cutting experience. It can be seen that knives over time get a bit full and loose heir cutting abilities, that’s when we sharp them. While there are manual ways to sharpen a knife, an electric knife sharpener will just ease the work and maintain efficiency. An electric knife sharpener will grind the blade faster (in a time range of 30 seconds to 1 minute).
Every home cook or chef would obviously have their favorite kitchen tools, a kitchen gadget or any other piece with regard to chopping or cooking without which they cannot live. A knife is one of the most important tools in the kitchen and is used in the creation of virtually any dish.
However it is important to maintain the condition of the knife, a sharp knife would render the best cut to the ingredient without causing any damage to the food. On the other hand, a dull knife would obviously require more brute force for chopping and obviously doesn’t give you with the perfect finish.
Perhaps, learning how to sharpen your knife is an essential cooking skill. However, with the availability of a multitude of choices of most popular knife sharpeners, maintaining your favorite kitchen accessory in the best tip top condition is no longer a concern.
But what is a knife sharpener and how it is used?
What is a knife sharpener?
Knife sharpening is a process of making your knife or any other sharp objects by grinding against a rough surface which can be either a stone or a metal or against a soft surface with a hard texture like sandpaper to make it resume to its original stage mostly polished and sharp. Although many brands and companies came up with the idea of knife sharpeners, EdgeCraft was established in 1985 with a specific mission to create the world’s best knife sharpeners.
They stand out unique in the competitive marketplace because of their best performance and quality. People regard this gadget as a great product to be part of the kitchen.
Although many individuals consider it as a commercial appliance, however as the technology has advanced, you no longer go in search for a professional to sharpen your knives rather you can do it with ease with the top chef’s choice knife sharpener. If you see at the benefits it offers to you, then you will realize the wonders it adds to your life.
Benefits and Advantages of using knife sharpener
Let us see some of the tangible benefits of Chef’s choice Knife sharpener
- Cuts more easily and adds beauty to your dish: One of the most obvious reasons of using a knife sharpener is to experience the best cutting and chopping of your veggies, fruits, meat, and bread without rips and tears and to get the best finish. Knife sharpeners enable your knife to make easy cuts without much physical force.
- Saves time without requiring extra skills: Using the knife sharpener doesn’t require any type of extra skills or professionalism to make your knives get into a great condition. Gone were the days when people used to sharpen their tools by grinding against a stone, however, the modern chefs choice knife sharpener 2020 have replaced everything and removes all your worries against a blunt knife.
All you just need is to plug in the device to a kitchen wall outlet, draw the blades into the sharpener’s slot and you are knife is ready instantaneously. However when your knife is in a real pathetic condition, then it may require a little extra time, otherwise, things are done just in a wink, thus saving your time in the kitchen.
- Value for money: The cost of sharpening knives from professional is not mere, labors are pretty higher even for small engagement, however when you have a knife sharpener, you can get the job done yourself and you can save money.
Buying the chef’s choice knife sharpener is the best way to save money because it provides the real outstanding results for its functioning besides abolishing the need for the replacement of your old blunt knives
- Chef’s Choice can make your knife last longer: Some people have a passion for knife collections. So they tend to collect a unique variety of knives each serving for a different purpose, however, after some period of time, they lose their shine and turns blunt making them lifeless though they are precise collections.
At such instances, it is worth bearing in your mind that a typical knife sharpener will definitely help your knives stay in a perfect condition for a longer time.
Therefore, a good knife sharpener will apparently extend the lives of your beloved knife and perhaps, the best source of investment in recessionary times.
Top features of best knife sharpener
To determine the features of the chef’s choice knife sharpener, the best chefs choice knife sharpener review would definitely make a difference.
- Versatility to work with different types of knives
If you own a couple of knives, you don’t want to dispose of them immediately once it becomes dull, rather look to some other option to make it perform better. Apparently, chef’s choice sharpener has the ability to work on different sorts of knife like the sports, pocket and outdoor knives as well as the European and American blades, Japanese and Santuko blades.
The sharpener allows you to hold the blade around 15(Asian style) to 20(American/European) degree angle to accomplish desired sharpness
- Multiple sharpening stages – Edge select technology
Technology shows that the best knife sharpener uses different abrasive materials for each stage of the operation. Similarly, the chefs choice knife sharpener 2020 uses coarse diamond abrasive during the first stage of the process followed by fine diamond abrasive to create an ultra-sharp edge to your knives. This is apparently crucial in order to enjoy the best results and to protect your knives. Because of this feature, the chef’s choice has the best reviews.
- Safety features
Chef’s choice is the perfect solution for the users who have no previous experience of using knife sharpeners. This tool will definitely provide you with the best comfort because the ease of use is pretty straightforward and simple. The safety features of chef’s choice breakthrough high performing technology, ideal to be used in minutes, hone and polish turning even the dullest knives to perfect condition.
Now you would have already known about the benefits and the features it offers to the individuals who do home cooking as well as chefs. At this point in time, it is important to discuss some of the most prominent models of chef choice knife sharpener.
List of 10 Best Electric Choice Knife Sharpener 2020 Reviews
1. Chef’sChoice 120 Diamond Hone EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- It has three slots to insert knives also known as sharpening stages. Provides sharpening for only one side of the blade.
- It has 100% diamond abrasives and flexible stropping.
- The resulting edge angle is 20 degrees.
- It has a pre-sharpening stage, sharpening stage, & honing/polishing stage.
- The product comes in various colors such as black white, platinum, chrome, red and white.
- The product will sharpen the knife within 1 minute. If a knife is being re-sharpened then the only time requirement is 10 seconds.
- The product weighs about 2kgs and with a length not greater than 45 inches and width close to 10 inches.
- The Chef’s Model 120 comes with 3 years warranty.
- It is lightweight and not too big in size
- So the product can be easily adjusted at home.
- Sharpens the knife/blade in a short time frame
- A 3 year warranty to assure you that if something in the product stops working you can get it changed or fixed.
- So basically it comes with an assured feeling.
- Only one problem is that is very expensive in comparison to other knife sharpeners that are easily available in the market.
2. Wusthof 3-stage PEtec Electric Knife Sharpener
As the name suggests it’s a three-stage knife sharpener, meaning it has three places from where you can grind and sharpen your blade, each stage has a different purpose. Knife’s are also to be taken care of and kept honed & sharpened, this will increase their efficiency. This product here will help you do that but with more efficiency. This product is also another invention by Chef’s Choice and has bagged a whopping 4.6 out of 5 rating.
- It has three slots to insert knifes also known as sharpening stages. Provides sharpening for only one side of the blade.
- It has a 14-degree resulting edge angle of any kind of blade.
- The product is black and stainless steel.
- The three stages are there to sharpen, hone and polish.
- Stage 1 is the basic stage which sharpens a dull knife, by creating a new edge with the help of an in-built wheel; on which the blade is sharpened (diamond abrasive wheel).
- Stage 2 slot also consists of a diamond wheel that has a finer texture, this is used for further detailing of the blade; increasing the precision of edges and hones.
- Stage 3 slot consists of a material which has an advanced flexible stropping property which is basically used to polish the knife blade in order for it to become even sharper. This is good for honing serrated blades.
- Despite your blade type the product will sharpen it.
- Works on all western-styled knifes
- It’s a great tool easy to use with just three stages to pass in order to get a knife that will guarantee precision and sharpness.
- As it’s a product of Chef’s Choice you can rely on its authenticity.
- A bit expensive in comparison to the other electric sharpeners available in the market.
- There were some complaints that it cannot sharp big knives properly (longer than 8 inches)
- The plastic surrounding the slots does not provide much clearance and is deemed useless by many users.
3. Chef’sChoice 220 Hybrid Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener
Another model of Chef’s Choice, it is two-staged design. If you were to notice it mentions hybrid in its name that is because it is the mix of electrical and manual application. The product as a whole is not automatic but claims to make your blades razor sharp. The Chef’s Choice Hybrid 220 has got good customer feedback and a rating of 4.3 out of 5.
- Stage 1 comprises of an electric motor that is convenient for sharpening.
- Stage 2 is the manual stage that comprises of a slot with a criss-cross design that contributes in speeding up the sharpening process. This new technology creates sharp edges with “bites”.
- There is the usage of diamond abrasive wheels in both stage 1 and stage 2. This helps in producing an errorless sharp edge with ease.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Easy to use, comes with thermal protection.
- This product is safe to use for all quality knives.
- Tried and tested product
- May sometimes leave faint rub marks on some blades, doesn’t really affect the blade that much.
- May overheat which in turn will cause it to shut down. (Will come back on after it is cooled)
4. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
This knife sharpener is also giving competition to other knife sharpeners in the market. It is an easy to use knife sharpener that is been made in China. Presto 0880 consists of 2 stages.
- Stage 1 is for grinding and Stage 2 is for honing
- It consists of Sapphirite wheels that contribute to providing razor-sharp precision. This is the same material that is used in professional stores.
- The Presto 0880 consumes 120volts
- Stage 1, precision grinding begins that forms the angles edge. Stage 2 is the used to further guide the blade and make it more sharp and precise.
- Three suction cups are present on the bottom so that the knife sharpener doesn’t make much movement.
- It helps in guiding the blade while sharpening so that it comes out with a proper angle edge and sharpness.
- It creates razor sharp edge within 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Sharpens almost all non-serrated blades.
- There are some complaints that the wheel consists of coarse grit stones which in turn damage the material.
- May leave a blur on your knife after sharpening.
- The product is a little loud while sharpening the knife.
An easy to use and not so costly product, this electric knife sharpener is great for household use and has received positive feedback from customers. The LINKYO comprises of a two stage sharpening process, and it has automatic blade guides that will guide you and position your knife in such a way that it achieves a sharpened edge easily.
- Has automatic blade positioning guides
- Has suction cups situated on the bottom of the machine, so it stays in place and doesn’t move.
- Stage 1 sharpens the blade’s edge and reshapes the angle.
- Stage 2 is for doing the finishing, by honing and polishing the blade.
- The LINKYO doesn’t create much mess, as it has detachable plugs that catch the metal shards and filings.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Each stage has 2 slots- one for each side of the blade.
- Doesn’t cause much noise
- Light weight and not too big, so it can be stored anywhere.
- You can only use this machine to sharp straight blades.
- Sometimes when it sharpens your knife, it also reduced the mass of the blade by a good amount.
- Customers claim that it is not for long term use.
6. Chef’sChoice 270 Hybrid Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Combines Electric
As the name suggests, this product comprises a combined effort of both electrical and manual application. It’s a three-stage knife sharpener, in which stage 1 and stage 2 are electric and stage 3 is manual.
- It can be used to sharp any kind of knife; straight, serrated knifes, pocket knives etc.
- The machine uses a new “criss-cross” technology for sharpening the blades which will sharp the blade in such a manner that it will get an into and out-of-the edge precision.
- Stage 1 and 2 are for electrically sharpening the blade and giving them an angled edge.
- Stage 3 is the manual stage used for honing.
- The machine uses diamond abrasive wheels for sharpening the blades.
- For durability they have added brushed stainless steel knife guides.
- So you don’t arch your knife at the wrong angle.
- Customer feedback suggests it is worth the money.
- Doesn’t take much time to form and sharpen the edges.
- A bit expensive (but buyers consider the product worth the money).
7. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
This is a 3-stage knife sharpener that comes with the strength and precision of Trizor edge. It is a premium packed knife sharpener that has all which is needed to get the best knife sharpening experience.
- Quick Knife sharpening, with the time required to work on a new blade is just under 1 minute. Re-sharpening will take not more than 10 seconds.
- Used for converting high angle edges into knives that are good for household use.
- Flexible spring guides are present in this machine, to make sure your knife is sharpened with great precision and no mistake is made.
- Has a 3 stage system that is fully electrical which consists of diamond abrasives and advanced stropping stage.
- Can easily sharpen any knife whether it be straight serrated or of a different style.
- A 15 degree class can easily be attained.
- Spring guides provide great flexibility and durability.
- A bit expensive.
- You need to know exactly how to pull the blade while sharpening it in the slot otherwise you might end up damaging it.
8. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
This product is a professional kindergarten sharpener with a power rating of 120volts and 60 Hz. This can be used to sharpen the fillet knife, household knives, and professional knives. An easy to use the machine with an easy step by step procedure. The Presteo 08810 has 3 stages.
- It has an adjustable blade sector that provides many sharpening angles.
- Stage 1 has a Sapphire coarse grating wheel to give the best sharpening edge and set the proper angle.
- Stage 2 also has the same grinding wheel, but is used to increase the precision of the blade.
- Stage 3 is the final stage that is used for polishing the blade with the help of a fine-grit ceramic wheel.
- Doesn’t consume much power.
- Works on all sorts of blade whether it be big or small.
- Has rubber suction cups on the bottom to minimize the movement of the machine.
- The Presto 08810 cannot sharp scissors, as it will hinder the blade.
- Expensive in reference to other knife sharpeners present in the market.
9. Chef’sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpening Station
One of the most expensive kindergarten sharpener in the market. But this sharpener is worth it’s price, it comes as a compact version with all the sharpening options. It’s a 3 stage sharpener and comes in platinum.
- 100% abrasive grinding wheel.
- It has a flexible stropping disk.
- It has angle guides on the sides to ensure fool-proof sharpening.
- The second stage or the middle section puts a serration on the knives that increases the grip for the knives.
- Can be used for all knives.
- Will give a precise 20 degree angle knife.
- Has a stable bottom so it has minimum movement.
- The product is one of the most expensive knife sharpeners in this category.
10. Chef’sChoice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener
A cheap and easy to use knife sharpener that is affordable for house-hold sharpening. With a great customer feedback and a rating of 4.5 out of 5. The Chef’s choice 250 has a 3 stage sharpening process. It consists of both electrical and manual application for sharpening.
- Is set to sharp 20 degree knives to precision.
- Stage 1 and 2 are for electrical sharpening.
- Stage 3 is for honing and is manual.
- All stages have 100% diamond abrasive grinding wheels.
- Stage 3 has an ultra-fine texture of it’s diamond abrasive wheel, to give a good shine and finishing to the blade.
- Can be used for any type of blade big or small.
- Professional edge that is stronger then the regular V-shaped slots.
- A bit basic in design.
- If you rub your blade too hard you might cut the plastic.
That’s all folks hope you liked all this compiled information, and hope it might have helped you all.
Many times people ask what is our view and what product we suggest. Well in accordance to that we would suggest the “Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor EdgeSelect”, as it seems like the product that would be the most efficient in sharpening any type of knife.
NOTE – These products have been ranked according to customer feedback and overall sale, there is no official ranking of these products. You can leave your suggestions and queries by commenting below. We are here to bring Best Electric Knife Sharpeners to our readers. So, your small contribution can help us in order to improve our review.
Last update on 2020-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API