Table of Contents
- Features of the Best Japanese Knives 2020
- List of 10 Best Japanese Knives Reviews in 2020
- 1. Zelite Infinity Santoku Knife – best Japanese Santoku knife
- 2. Mercer Culinary MX3 Premium San Mai VG-10 Steel Core Blade Gyuto Chef Knife – best Japanese Gyuto knife
- 3. Tojiro DP Paring Knife – best Japanese paring knives
- 4. Yoshihiro VGYA240SH – best Japanese sushi sashimi knives
- 5. DALSTRONG Nakiri Asian Vegetable Knife – best Japanese vegetable knife
- 6. Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series – best Japanese knife set
- 7. Yoshihiro VG-10 46 Layers Hammered Damascus Gyuto Japanese Chefs Knife
- 8. Miyabi Koh 5.5″ Prep Knife – best Japanese prep knife
- A Complete Buying Guide in Choosing the Best Japanese Knife
There is an Japanese knives for every cutting job, whether you are fisherman have a huge catch to clean or a slaughter who slays meat or a chef who does amazing in the kitchen. An Japanese knife rising in popularity exponentially in the recent ages because of the affordability and the excellent features it offers.
Thanks to the technology, due to the advancement of technology, the current age Japanese knives have become less expensive with more power besides offering the highest safety. These are quite a few reasons why more and more people are adding the Japanese knife to their kitchen collection.
Here in this post, we will talk over the top best Japanese knives. Let us see some of the most interesting features of the Japanese knives.
Features of the Best Japanese Knives 2020
Before getting on to the features, first of all, it is important to know, what is an Japanese knife and where it is used?
What is an Japanese knife?
Japanese knives are kitchen knives used for slicing food items. One of the significant advantages of an Japanese knife is the ease of use, requiring less physical efforts when compared to the conventional kitchen knives and eventually resulting in quality slices.
Among the most prominent manufacturers of an Japanese knife, Santoku and Gyuto is the most renowned one that made the public turn towards this product.
Features and Advantages of Japanese knife over conventional Knifes
Ease of use: They are simple and easy to use offering the best cutting. The ergonomic handle is engineered to increase better comfort. When you want to cut poultry, beef or different kinds of meat, Japanese knives are found to be the ultimate choice.
A great time Saver: When you think of an Japanese knife kitchen, one of the features that flashes in your mind is its ability to save time. The primary reason, why people jump from traditional kitchen knife to Japanese knife is because of its time efficiency. Conventional knives take considerable time when you want to cut tough stuff like turkey, ox etc.
High Power: Japanese knives are known to have high powers to offer the best cutting. They are extremely powerful featuring with stainless steel blades to make your work short for any slicing task. Their sharp blades make them work great against slicing meat, bread, vegetables, fruits, and filleting fish. It separates food without crushing or breaking and cuts with precision.
What makes Japanese Knives special from the typical Kitchen Knives?
Chopping, slicing, and carving is a lot of fun but on the same hand, it can be a nightmare when you don’t have the right kitchen equipment. Two big occasions of the year, Christmas and New Year are fast approaching, so you would require to make plenty of cuisines to serve a lavish dinner party on both their eves.
Won’t you be glad and excited, if you can complete cutting your beef or poultry effortless in a shorter interval of time? Thanks to the invention of Japanese knives, this wonderful tool has made it possible and can save your day. The only thing you need is to pull the trigger or push the button and your task is completed. When you have this cutlery in your kitchen collection, then cutting and slicing will turn into pleasure.
The Japanese knife excelled in the results. They did the best cutting with no tearing of the skin and made clean and thin slices with absolute precision.
Have you decided to go for the best Japanese knife? With plenty of choices available, it is quite daunting to choose the best Japanese knife. Nevertheless, Japanese knives buyers guide will help you chose the best Japanese knife for your needs.
List of 10 Best Japanese Knives Reviews in 2020
1. Zelite Infinity Santoku Knife – best Japanese Santoku knife
The Zelite Infinity Santoku Knife attains out among the rest not just due to its quality of craftsmanship, but also as a result of elaborate designs featured on the blade and handle.
Having a particularly deep blade that’s been liquid nitrogen cooled, this knife involves an ergonomic handle and leather sheath.
Having a weight and balance which makes using it a cinch, the Zelite Infinity expertly combines functionality and excellent production.
- VG-10 super stainless steel core with a HRC 60-62.
- Laminated high-carbon stainless steel outer layers
- 14° razor sharp convex ground edge
- Triple-riveted, ergonomically designed Delrin handle
- Full tang runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance
3. Tojiro DP Paring Knife – best Japanese paring knives
- 3-ply clad blade construction with a core of VG-10
- Encased between two layers of highly rigid rust resistant stainless steel
- 60 Rockwell Hardness; 9 to 12 degree blade angle
- Strong and comfy handle with triple-riveting for stability and better control
- Offers 9-12 degrees blade angle for ultra-sharp
- Lifetime Warranty
Having a three-layered clad of a VG10 super solid steel that’s protected using two layers of rust and stain resistant steel, this Tojiro DP series is intended to assist you to finish your culinary jobs effortlessly. The knife includes a Rockwell hardness of 60 for extra strength and durability.
Its wooden handle is triple riveted to provide you with relaxation and balance. In general, the Tojiro string is crafted using high craftsmanship to offer you excellent flexibility. The newest is trusted by professional chefs and has been for decades relied upon for many culinary jobs.
4. Yoshihiro VGYA240SH – best Japanese sushi sashimi knives
- VG Stainless steel blade with HRC 62-63 combines exceptional sharpness
- Optimal edge retention with stain resistance.
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Japanese Octagonal Rosewood Shitan handle.
- Lacquer coated magnolia wooden sheath provides odor and stain resistance with ease of cleaning.
- 100% handcrafted in Japan.
- Not mass produced.
This is the best Sashimi knives using Hongasumi grade steel having a high carbon material to allow for edge sharpness and retention while still offering the simple maintenance and durability of stainless steel.
The VG stainless steel blade is also stain-resistant and can become extremely sharp using a whetstone. This allows it to slip through fish without any pressure.
It is complemented with a top handmade Rosewood handle which extends to the full tang of the knife and also ergonomically welds into the hand for seamless use.
A decorative wooden sheath known as a Saya is included, which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use.
5. DALSTRONG Nakiri Asian Vegetable Knife – best Japanese vegetable knife
- Steel precision forged, ultra sharp, wear resistant.
- The edge is painstakingly hand sharpened to 14-16° per side, maintaining the perfect balance between blade sharpness and maximum resilience.
- Tapered design for hardness and flexibility
- Chromium for stain resistance
- Full tang for incredible robustness & quality
- Triple-riveted for even more durability
- Ergonomic handle shape for maximum comfort, grip, and maneuverability
- Stainless steel second bolster (end cap) adds counterbalance and distinction.
- Includes a BPA protective Dalstrong PerfectFit sheath
Until you have chopped veggies using steel, flat-bladed knife, then it is hard to realize exactly what you’ve been overlooking. Not only is that the blade made from high-carbon steel, but it’s been specially designed to lie flush against a cutting board once you chop.
That means there is more blade surface, allowing for quicker cutting and not as much prep work. Additionally, it has been tapered for maximum cutting efficacy, along with the excess height on the blade means that you may slit all of the ways through everything from melons to heaps of leafy greens with no hitch.
6. Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series – best Japanese knife set
- Comes as a set of 5, 8, 12 or 19 knives
- Made from high-quality Japanese Stainless Steel.
- Rust and stain resistant blade.
- Easy to maintain
- Balanced and weighted to reduce fatigue
- Consumer Report “Best Buy” 5 times
Enjoy the performance and fantastic control for this Ginsu Japanese knife collection. The set includes all you will need to receive any meal prepared. Each of the bits is fogged as just one bit from Tang to trick to assure you to make each meal. Ginsu knives put come if they’re already sharpened so that you can begin preparing your meals straight away.
Designed with premium quality Japanese steel, all these Ginsu knives put boasts of the caliber cutting edge which remains sharp for long. Its handle is perfectly designed to give you greater control and balance always making the groundwork of their trickiest meals easy and enjoyable.
7. Yoshihiro VG-10 46 Layers Hammered Damascus Gyuto Japanese Chefs Knife
- Gyuto Chef’s Essential Knife
- 46 Layers VG-10 Hammered Damascus
- Blade: Double-Edged
- Ambrosia Handle
- Hardness Rockwell C scale
This Gyuto of Yoshihiro boasts superior craftsmanship out of skilled artisans, in addition to knives stamped from 16 layers of tempered Damascus steel. It is another premium-quality, cushioned chef’s knife that won’t break your bank.
Together with 16 layers of Damascus steel along with a VG-10 steel center, the blade is the best mixture of hardness, low friction, and corrosion resistance. It is well-honed already, but may be easily sharpened at home, also retains its edge well.
The rich mahogany comes with a full-tang structure. Therefore it is powerful, well-balanced and agile on your hand. Additionally, it is light, weighing just 6.4 ounces. The backbone thickness is 3mm.
8. Miyabi Koh 5.5″ Prep Knife – best Japanese prep knife
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Fabricated from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide stainless steel – 61 Rockwell hardness
- Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
- Hand-honed Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile – 9.5-12 degree edge angle
Think of this as a miniature chef’s knife. It’s ultra-thin, sharp, light, and agile, and such as a chef’s knife, it’s all-purpose but for cutting smaller things. Use it to mincing a spoonful of garlic, chopping only a few leaves of parsley, slicing cheese, or peeling an apple.
Using its sharp tip knife, it may move around bones and joints, which makes it useful for turning chicken breasts to cutlets or even filleting a little fish. The Miyabi comes in Japan and includes a mirror finish that helps it glide. Since the handle is faceted rather than curved, it gives a non-slip grip.
A Complete Buying Guide in Choosing the Best Japanese Knife
If you are a home cook and enjoy eating meats, then the Japanese knife is a must-have tool as part of your kitchen collection. The sleek and light weighted stainless steel blades will give you precise slices every time. They chunk large slabs of meat from the bone handily and effortlessly and serves as a great medium especially during parties and festive occasions.
There are a few things you need to consider before making the best choice of a Japanese knife. The best Japanese knives 2020 will help you make a wise decision in buying. Let us see what the aspects that have to be taken into consideration are?
Handles: The central aspect of Japanese knives
Handles play a significant role while choosing the Japanese knife, perhaps a distinct piece in the Japanese knife. Generally, the knives have an ergonomic handle which is natural to hold and built to be comfortable for your hands. It should not hurt your side when you are using it for more extended periods. Having the right kind of handle will enrich your cutting experience.
Most of the Japanese knives reviews conclude that these knives are typically made of stainless steel blades made of high-quality metal. The quality often related to its versatility and makes it more durable. Most Japanese knives are lightly weighted because of the stainless steel.
If you are looking for a Japanese knife that serves for only bread slicing, then you can go for the bread blade. They are less potential ones and not often used in cutting sturdy materials. On the contrary, when you are looking for powerful options, then obviously carving blade is the perfect choice for meat lovers. They can make intrinsic cuts through the meat.
There are instances, you may encounter failures without your device, at those circumstances, unless you have a proper warranty, you cannot replace with new cutlery. These products are not meant for single time usage instead of going to last for a lengthy period of your life.
Most of the varieties and brands of Japanese kitchen knives offer the best features besides providing more excellent durability. This is one of the primary reason for the growing popularity of the Japanese knives and turning it into a much-needed kitchen appliance.
With this Best Japanese knife reviews 2020 & buying guide, you can have a better insight into the features and advantages it offers in cutting and chopping. Also, the buying guide would help you to choose the right tool. So order now and make a difference to your cooking!
Last update on 2021-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API