Table of Contents
- Varieties of Portable High Chairs
- What to Consider When Purchasing a Portable High Chair
- Top 11 Best Portable High Chair Reviews
- 1. Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair
- 2. Inglesina Fast Table Chair
- 3. Ciao! Baby Portable Travel High Chair
- 4. Chicco Pocket Snack Booster
- 5. Fisher Price SpaceSaver High Chair
- 6. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat
- 7. My Little Seat Infant Travel High Chair
- 8. Phil & Ted Lobster High Chair
- 9. Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Portable Booster
- 10. Phil & Ted Wriggle Wrapper
- 11. Graco Simple Switch Portable High Chair and Booster
Families don’t tend to stick around the house all day, every day. Many prefer to be on the go, traveling and taking their kids to different locations throughout the week. Once your baby reaches the age of eating solid foods, a high chair is an important item to have. Restaurants typically have several available for families to use, but they can be dirty. Having one of the best portable high chairs to use anywhere, and to keep clean, is an excellent way to invest your money.
Varieties of Portable High Chairs
You’ll notice there are three general types of portable high chairs. You may also see people referring to them as travel high chairs. They are interchangeable names. Don’t be concerned if you notice others using a different name. Here are the general types of high chairs you may want to use!
- Booster Seats: Most parents have encountered booster seats and intend to use them at some point, once their child has outgrown the use of a traditional high chair. They are designed for children older than 12 months, up to 50lbs. However, there is some space saving high chairs that are useable from birth up to preschool age. They are heavier than other booster seats but are very similar.
- Hook-on High Chairs: For babies older than six months old, a hook-on high chair is an excellent They do have a lower weight limit, around 37lbs. It also will vary on the table that you hook it. They attach to a table with rubber handles; you tighten these handles, giving your baby a safe and comfortable seat. Parents who travel love these types of portable high chairs. They are lightweight and fold compactly. You can use them in many circumstances, from grandma’s house to a picnic table.
- Wraps: If you are a family that travels a lot, a wrap high chair is a fantastic choice. They are the most versatile option Ideally, you will want to wait until your child is six months old before using. They allow you to carry your baby, in a carrier, then attach it to a chair. Some are usable as a sleeper in a crib as well. The best reason to purchase a wrap portable high chair is their weight; they are extremely lightweight and easy to fold. You can slip it directly into your diaper bag!
What to Consider When Purchasing a Portable High Chair
Whether you plan to travel a lot or just want a high chair to take to family parties, there are considerations to think about before purchase. Remember, the purpose of these seats are to make your life easier. You don’t have to spend a lot of money for convenience. However, avoid the cheaply made chairs. They will hold your baby; you do want a quality product that is durable and safe.
- Safety: As with any baby gear item, you must consider the security of the product before Be sure to always read the reviews and ratings of the portable high chair in question. A five-point harness is ideal, especially for babies that are six months old. They tend to wobble a bit, and a harness keeps them safely secured. Harnesses provide support.
Another factor to think about, for hook-on chairs, is the table. The seat is only as stable as the table you attach it. If you attach the seat to an inappropriate table, the weight of the chair could lead it to tip over. Always check the recommended ages as well.
- Easy to Clean: Children aren’t always cleanly. They are known to be messy when eating, and that means their chair will become dirty as well. Since these chairs are designed to travel with you, you don’t want a seat that’s hard to clean. A great feature is machine washable fabric. However, if you are traveling, you may not have access to a washing machine. You will want a seat with fabric that can wipe That allows you to clean it after each meal.
- Easy to Use: Complicated seats are a pain, especially when you are out and about. The seat should be simple to put together. Wrap high chairs are the most difficult option, but you will learn to use them within a few tries. A booster seat is, by far, the easiest choice. However, they also won’t fit everywhere. Hook-on chairs require a stable, appropriate table and do take a few moments to put together. They are a great traveling seat.
Each seat has pros and cons; you have to weigh them to determine the best choice for your family.
- Transporting the Seat: These travel chairs are meant to be portable. It is one of the most important features. You want a seat that is easy to take places. One that weighs a lot will be too cumbersome to carry from one location to another. Carry straps, compact folds, and little weight are the features you want to find. Wrap and hook-on chairs are the two easiest options to transport.
Top 11 Best Portable High Chair Reviews
1. Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair
No products found.
Chicco is a leading children’s brand in Europe and, now, in the United States. Their products are high quality, durable and safe. The Chicco Caddy is a best-seller and one of the most popular hook-on portable high chair. There are so many reasons why parents love this great product! It can fold compactly, and it is easy to keep clean. Parents can simply wipe the seat down after each meal.
Why You Should Buy It
- There is a three-point safety harness.
- The clamps are easy and quick to use. You will find two buttons. One allows parents to detach the arm from the table quickly. The next button moves the arms into the desired position.
- Rubberized clamps ensure no marks are left on the table and that no fingers are ever pinched.
- Parents can use the Caddy with tables up to four inches thick.
- Maximum weight capacity is 33 pounds.
- It is super lightweight, weighing only 6.7lbs. You will have no issues traveling with this portable high chair.
- The fold is compact and easy to carry.
- After the meal, you can wipe the seat down to prevent staining. However, after that messy spaghetti dinner, you can remove the fabric and wash it in a machine. I love the versatility of the cleaning methods.
- Chicco made sure there were no nooks to collect crumbs and crackers.
It is easy to see why the Chicco Caddy is a best-selling portable high chair. It fits all of our essential qualities, minus having a five-point harness. For that reason, I advocate that this product only is used for children who can sit up without support.
2. Inglesina Fast Table Chair
I love a versatile product that is safe and stylish. The Inglesina Fast Table Chair is another top seller because it has some great features! Inglesina offers a lightweight, portable high chair, weighing only 4.2 pounds. It is an excellent choice for parents on the go. Also, unlike many other hook-on chairs, it can flat nearly completely flat.
Reasons to Purchase the Inglesina Fast Table Chair
- You can use it on multiple tables, such as curved tables and those with skirts up to 3.5 inches.
- It is easy to secure to the table, with a twist-tight coupling.
- There is a three-point safety harness, along with a leg divider, to prevent your baby from falling out of the seat.
- After a messy meal, you can remove the fabric for efficient cleaning.
- Because it is so lightweight and folds well, it is one of the best choices for families who travel.
- One of the nifty features I love is the carrying bag! They smartly sewed it directly onto the fabric, hidden under the seat. You never have to worry about losing it while out. Once you are ready to go, you fold the seat, and it will slip into its carrying bag.
- You should use the Inglesina Fast Table Chair for babies who are six months old and above.
- It only weighs 4.2 pounds!
- Maximum baby weight is 37lbs.
- Once folded, the dimensions are 14 inches wide x 17.3 inches high x 4 inches deep.
The Inglesina is surely one of the best portable high chairs. One thing to note is it only attaches to tables 3.5 inches wide. While most tables aren’t this wide, the Chicco Caddy does offer a full grip. Otherwise, this seat is a fabulous contender and is a great buy.
3. Ciao! Baby Portable Travel High Chair
If your family spends a lot of time camping or outdoors, the perfect portable high chair for your child is created by Ciao! Baby. Their portable travel high chair is awesome! It is a practical solution for taking your child out and about. Unlike other high chairs, this is a free standing chair so that you can use it everywhere. You aren’t dependent on another chair or table to provide a space for your baby to eat safely and securely.
Why The Ciao! Baby Portable Travel High Chair is Great
- No assembly is required after it arrives at your house.
- Set up is very similar to a travel chair. It unfolds, locks into place, then folds back up.
- After you are finished using the seat, you fold it quickly. Also, there is a convenient carrying bag.
- It is a lightweight choice, weighing only 8 pounds.
- It comes with a clear, vinyl tray cover that you can wipe clean, along with a built-in cup holder.
- To keep your baby safe, there is a comfortable lap belt to secure them.
- Parents can quickly wipe the seat down after each meal.
- Ciao! Baby made sure that their high chair meets ASTM high chair standards.
- Maximum recommended weight limit is 50 pounds.
- It is ideal for children up to 3 years old.
For outdoorsy families, there is no better solution. From camping to soccer games, the Ciao! Baby Portable Travel High Chair will give your baby a safe place to eat and snack.
4. Chicco Pocket Snack Booster
Our next option for the best portable high chair is also created by Chicco. This option is a booster seat, instead of the hook-on chair like the previous choice. The ratings are excellent, for many great reasons! Parents love that this seat folds flat, which is a rarity for booster seats, and it has a carrying strap. When compared to other booster seats, the Chicco Pocket is one of the best to take traveling.
Why You Should Purchase the Chicco Pocket Snack Booster
- There are three height positions, allowing your child to reach tables of different levels. The anti-leg legs will adjust to allow the chair to either attach to a chair or be self-standing.
- The surfaces of the chair are easy to clean.
- For safety, Chicco added a three-point harness, keeping your baby safe.
- Parents secure the booster seat to the dining room table with two, rubberized straps. The feet are anti-slip and will not leave any marks on the chair it is attached.
- Chicco added sturdy, metal legs to make sure the seat is secure and safe for your child.
- The removable tray can adjust to three positions. A tray is needed for the self-standing mode.
- Cleaning the Pocket Booster couldn’t be any easier. The seat is made entirely of plastic, so all you need to do is wipe it down each day.
- To fold the seat, all you need to do is press a button!
- It is best used for children 6 months to 3 years of age.
- Maximum weight recommendation is 50 pounds.
- The Pocket Snack Booster’s dimensions are 15 inches length x 19.25 inches height x 13.5 inches width.
The Chicco Pocket is a unique choice. The ability to convert to a self-standing high chair allows parents to take it camping or to locations with flimsy tables. Your child doesn’t have to take up a chair at dinner parties! It is a versatile product, which is essential for baby gear. Since the weight limit is 50 pounds, you will be able to use it for years to come.
5. Fisher Price SpaceSaver High Chair
Whether you live in a small apartment or want a portable high chair, the Fisher-Price SpaceSaver helps retain essential space in your house. Traditional high chairs are bulky and need a few feet to spread out. If you have a small living area, space saving high chair offers many of the similar features, but they all fit onto a typical kitchen chair. These chairs are also great portable high chairs. The Fisher-Price SpaceSaver may be bulkier than other options, but it also has some great reasons to love it!
Why You Need It
- There is a full-size feeding tray. Fisher Price also added the FastFinder link that will keep bibs, toys, and other items in your child’s reach.
- For safety, there is an adjustable, five-point harness.
- The SpaceSaver offers a spacious and contoured seat with a cushion seat pad!
- You can attach it to most kitchen and dining room chairs. Parents often take it to restaurants with ease as well!
- Parents can remove the tray with one hand. The tray is also dishwasher safe, an important feature.
- It is one of the few choices that recline! Because it has the recline feature, along with height and tummy adjustments, the seat will last from infancy to toddlerhood. The tray will stay level even when reclined.
- As your child ages, you can remove the back of the seat. The tray is also removable when used as a booster seat.
Product Specifications of the SpaceSaver High Chair
- It weighs only seven pounds!
- The seat’s dimensions are 10.4 inches x 14.4 inches x 22.6 inches.
Parents love the Space Saving High Chair created by Fisher Price. It has a 4.6 out of 5 stars, showing that it is a solid choice for a portable high chair. Even though it is a bit bulkier than other options, it allows you to minimize the space required to feed your baby at home. Then, it gives you a safe and secure way to feed your baby out and about!
6. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat
Here is another great Fisher Price high chair! It allows you to take your baby anywhere and feed them in a comfortable, safe and convenient area. There is a great feeding tray that parents can sanitize in the dishwasher. It folds up compactly, with a carrying strap, allowing parents to take it nearly anywhere.
Why You Should Buy the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat
- Parents can place the tray in the dishwasher for complete cleaning. There is a lid for the tray that will keep it clean during meals as well.
- The seat height is adjustable, so you can make sure your child reaches the table.
- It is designed for children up to 50 pounds.
- For easy traveling, the seat folds compactly and has a carrying strap.
- The whole booster seat is easy to keep clean. Just wipe it down! The seat is crevice free, so it doesn’t suck in all of the crumbs.
- The seat is designed to last, created from durable plastic.
- Attaching the booster seat to a chair is super easy. All you need to do is attach the front and rear straps. It will fit almost any chair.
- A three-point harness keeps your baby secured to the seat.
- The seat only weighs 4.7 pounds, easy to carry around.
- The maximum weight recommendation is 45 pounds.
If you are searching for a durable, sturdy, easy to keep clean booster seat, the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe is fantastic! It will fit on almost any seat. Because it is lightweight and easy to use, you’ll have no issues bringing it to restaurants or holiday parties. The high weight limit lets you use it for years to come. I love durable products that will last through multiple children, and this Fisher Price booster seat will do just that!
7. My Little Seat Infant Travel High Chair
Here is an excellent choice for a portable high chair! The My Little Seat Infant Travel High Chair is machine washable and only takes a few minutes to set up. However, it can only be used for children six months old and older, up to 35 pounds. The baby will sit at the table, on a chair, with your family. There are some great reasons to purchase the My Little Seat Infant High Chair.
Reasons to Purchase the My Little Seat
- It is highly portable. After use, you just fold it up and store it in your diaper bag. It also comes with a handy storage bag.
- You can use it for round and square-backed
- Safety is paramount! It has a five-point harness and extra reinforced seaming. They tested it for strength and durability.
- Set up is simple. All you need to do is place it on the back of the chair, and it is ready to go!
- The entire high chair is machine washable.
- It weighs only 8 ounces; you’ll have no issue carrying it in your bag.
- The product dimensions are 8 inches x 1.5 inches x 6 inches.
- The minimum weight recommendation is 15 pounds, and the maximum recommendation is 35lbs.
My Little Seat is the ultimate choice for traveling families. If you want to use it at home, it allows your baby to feel like part of the family and sit with you at the table. It is convenient, safe and portable. Plus, it is affordable!
8. Phil & Ted Lobster High Chair
Get ready to take your baby anywhere to eat with the Lobster portable high chair. Phil & Ted creates some fabulous products. The Lobster High Chair won the Mom Trends award in 2014. Moms love the seat because it is high quality and a great design! Dining out different places has never been easier! The combination of polyester and aluminum. The aluminum frame is strong, able to support a baby from three months old up to three years old!
Here Is Why You Need the Lobster High Chair
- It has a maximum weight recommendation of 37 pounds.
- A four-point harness keeps all babies safe, even the wiggling ones! You don’t have to worry about your child falling out.
- To keep this hook-on portable high chair secured to the table, strong “lobster claws” with rubber grips on the arms will maintain the seat where it should stay.
- It has an included food tray that parents can place in the dishwasher. The tray will slide over table surfaces, giving your baby a safe and clean space to eat.
- Setting up the high chair is very easy. Lifting the frame allows the seat to fall into place. Once done, the seat will fold back.
- Parents can take the fabric off of the frame for easy cleaning.
- The seat has a modern, sleek and stylish look. There are no child characters or crazy designs. It has brushed, stainless steel and durable fabric.
- It weighs only 3.8 pounds, so carrying is straightforward and easy.
- Dimensions are 12.2 inches x 13.4 inches x 12.2 inches.
For the modern and busy family, the Phil & Ted Lobster High Chair is ideal for tables, picnic tables and more. It is suitable for any occasion and location. The seat is safe, durable and easy to clean. You couldn’t ask for more!
9. Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Portable Booster
The Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Portable Booster is a unique and innovatively designed seat for babies. Whenever you need a place for your child to eat, you have one! Just open it up, and your child is ready to chow down. Whether you are headed to a picnic or BBQ outside, all you need to do is open it up!
Why You Should Buy the Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit
- The plastic tray is BPA free, ideal for snacks and toys. The handy tray allows your baby to eat wherever you are.
- Once your child is done eating, just put the tray in the dishwasher for easy clean up.
- Setting up the Pop N’ Sit is easy! All you need to do is unfold it, very similar to an outdoor chair, and secure it. Then, it is ready to go. When you are done, fold it back up and place it in the convenient carrying bag.
- There is a comfortable, three-point safety harness.
- The chair safety straps are included.
- Parents can use the seat with babies six months old, up to 37 pounds.
- There is a rear storage pocket.
- It is lightweight, weighing only 4.8 pounds.
I love the Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Portable Booster! For families that are out and about, you can have a place for your baby to eat. Kids love to crawl around and avoid eating unless they are penned up in a chair! This seat is convenient and amazing! You are sure to love it.
10. Phil & Ted Wriggle Wrapper
While on the go, a portable and convenient high chair is a need. The Phil & Ted Wriggle Wrapper is a two in one travel high chair. If you want a wrap high chair, this one is awesome! Your baby will be comfortable, and you will love it as well! The Wriggle Wrapper is portable, lightweight and compact. It is suitable for children six months to 24 months.
Why You Want the Wriggle Wrapper
- It is versatile! You can use it as a cot for sleeping and a high chair during meals. Parents need these types of items! If you are using it as a cot, then it can be used from newborn up to 24 months.
- Once folded, it is the size of a compact umbrella. You can fit it in a diaper bag with ease.
- You can attach it to a bed, a chair or momma!
- If it gets dirty, parents can place it in the washing machine for easy cleaning.
- It is lightweight, weighing only 14.1 ounces!
- The fabric is durable and sturdy! You don’t have to worry that it will rip or break. It is a polyester fabric and a nylon composition.
- There are also sturdy straps and clips that will adjust to fit your child.
For on the go parents, the Wriggle Wrapper is an excellent choice for the best portable high chair. It is versatile, easy to clean, safe and portable. If you plan to travel extensively with your baby, this wrap high chair is a fabulous choice. After lunch, you just roll it up and put in the diaper bag! It doesn’t get any easier than that.
11. Graco Simple Switch Portable High Chair and Booster
No products found.
The Graco SimpleSwitch is a full, traditional high chair and a portable booster seat, making it a 2-in-1 chair. They are an excellent choice for busy families. It is a convenient and comfortable chair for babies up to 37 pounds. The booster seat will hold your child up to 60lbs.
Reasons to Purchase the Graco SimpleSwitch
- There are three recline positions so that you can use it from infancy up to preschool age.
- It features a three and five point harness.
- The tray is removable, using only one hand.
- The seat pad is removable and can be put into the machine to wash!
- When you transition to a booster seat, there is built-in leg storage that keeps everything together.
- Once you put it into the booster seat mode, it is an excellent choice for a portable high chair! The tray still fits when in booster mode.
- The weight of the high chair is 16.25 pounds so that you can carry it in and out of grandma’s house with ease.
- It is budget friendly.
If you want a high chair that you can use every day, but then can take it other places, the Graco SimpleSwitch is the best choice. It is durable, with a high weight limit, and it is easy to clean. You will love it!
Making your final decision will be hard; these are 11 great choices for the best portable high chair. Once you have a set budget in mind, you need to determine what style of high chair you prefer. For those who travel a lot, a wrap or hook-on high chair are the best choice. A wrap high chair is great if you are traveling extensively for a few weeks! You may decide to purchase two, so you have one for every situation! No matter what you choose, these are quality products that are sure to please!
Last update on 2020-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API