Table of Contents
- Top 11 Printers For Cardstock Reviews
- 1. Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Wide-Format Inkjet Printer
- 2. CANON PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
- 3. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer
- 4. Samsung Multifunction Xpress C460FW
- 5. Epson Workforce WF-7720 Wireless Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
- 6. Canon Office Products MX532 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
- 7. Dell E525W Wireless Color Printer
- 8. HP Laserjet Pro M277dw Wireless All-in-One Color Printer
- 9. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer
- 10. HP Envy 120 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- 11. Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
Buying the best printers for cardstock is one of those expeditions that require proper research beforehand. Different types of printers have different capabilities, and therefore the right choice depends on the intended purpose by the user.
Cardstock printing requires high-quality printers that can handle pasteboard printing. Such printers come in many forms and models. They take more toner and ink than the standard regular or traditional print, but with fewer paper jams and wastage.
Most kinds of paper go through the printer just fine, but trouble can arise when you need to print on heavier weight paper, like cardstock. Many printers have difficulty handling the extra weight of the cardstock, resulting in paper jams and paper waste.
Printing with cardstock isn’t as easy as printing with regular paper, which is why we are giving you a list of the best printers for cardstock invitations.
Top 11 Printers For Cardstock Reviews
1. Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Wide-Format Inkjet Printer
The Epson Artisan 1430 printer offers a borderless printing of high definition photos on papers with sizes of up to 13 by 19 inch. It can be connected to the external devices through Wi-Fi thereby making it easier to share with a large number of users. The printer offers very brilliant print quality, thereby taking the photo printing to an entirely different level. With this printer, it becomes very easy to print over large sized papers with a professional finish.
The printer uses 6 high color definition Claria ink and features lightning correction and advanced color correction which makes it possible to print brilliant photos that can even be displayed in galleries. The photos printed with this printer are resistant towards fading, water, scratches, and smudging. The prints can last up to 4 times longer as compared to the average photo lab prints. All of these features combined make the Artisan 1430 a huge favorite among the professional photographers. All this makes it one of the best printer for printing in 2020.
- It uses individual ink cartridges. Therefore, you can only replace the particular color that has run out
- The ink droplets are as small as 1.5 picoliters, and the print resolution is 5760 by 1440 dpi
- Offers very smooth gradation in the prints
- The texts and images are clear, smooth and grain free
- Can recreate accurate skin tones
- Can accommodate media of up to 13 inches
- May not accept very thick papers
- It may give rise to banding issues while printing
2. CANON PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
This printer offers wireless, borderless prints of 4 by 6 inches and takes as little as 36 seconds for producing the full print. It makes utilization of the Google Cloud Print, PIXMA Printing Solution, and Air Print. The printer is designed with a full lithography inkjet nozzle engineering which allows it to produce very fine prints. It uses 5 individual ink tanks to give professional quality photos with the right color consistency. It has a superior resolution of 9600 by 2400 dpi that adds great depth and detail to everything you print.
The printer is also very fast when it comes to execution. You can print at speeds of up to 10.4 images per minute for color and 14.5 images per minute for black and white. It uses built-in wireless, air print, a wired LAN interface and such for wireless printing but it also has a USB port for faster and smoother data transfer.
- Does not produce distracting noise during operating
- Has an auto on/off feature that automatically turns the printer on when you send something to be printed
- It tends to leak ink
- Gets jammed frequently
- Uses a lot of ink
3. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer
This printer uses 8 dye-based inks and produces amazing gradient and colors in the photos. Out of the 8, 3 inks are for printing in grayscale. The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 has an optimum image generating system which allows you to reproduce colors exactly as intended. This can be intended by selecting the optimum placement and combination for the inks. The printer is compatible with CLI-42 ink tanks. These are individual ink tanks. So whenever you run out of color, you will be required to replace only that particular color.
It has a printing resolution of 4800 by 2400 dpi and a maximum print vision of 13 by 19 inches. This allows you to print incredible card stocks on all types of media with professional quality. The printer features canon full-photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering which uses microscopic droplets so that there are no grainy images. Since the optimizer allows it to print from a uniform height, there is no issue of surface reflection. Also, the natural integrity and color are maintained in the photos.
- Optimized mixing of colors
- Two trays, one for most supported media and the other for manually feeding the thicker papers
- Built-in Wi-fi
- You do not always have to connect it to a computer for printing. The content can also be directly printed through camera phone, digital camera, DV camcorder and so on.
- Also offers a high-speed data transfer through USB connection
- Highly uneconomical regarding ink usage
- It can be very difficult to have it adjusted to the right color setting, failing which, it gives washed out colors
4. Samsung Multifunction Xpress C460FW
This is a versatile printer that allows you to make prints directly from your mobile phone. It features an NFC or a Near Field Communication technology that allows you to print wirelessly from remote devices through a simple tap. The wireless connection is very smooth and secure and offers highly reliable communication between the printer and the external device.
The printer uses polymerized toner, through which it is able to provide a very high-quality printing. Furthermore, it has an Eco button that helps in saving the resources, energy, and cost with a single touch. This button also helps to customize your output during printing. It uses highly advanced image processing technology which allows it to print texts and images with vivid colors and a very high clarity.
- It can be used for printing everything from PDFs to Google Docs to Microsoft Office Documents.
- When the router is on, the printer will automatically connect to the wifi
- It offers a very noiseless operation
- Compact design takes up very little space
- The paper tray gets jammed quite frequently
- The toners used for the printers are expensive
5. Epson Workforce WF-7720 Wireless Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
The WorkForce WF-7720 has regular printing, copying, scanning, and faxing functions. It also includes a 4.3″ color touchscreen control panel. Print speed is up to 18 ppm (ISO) in black and up to 10 ppm (ISO) in color. 8cpm (ISO) in color.
Similar to other Epson apparatus, the WorkForce WF-7720 Business Edition uses Epson’s inkjet technologies, PrecisionCore. PrecsionCore uses a high-density print chip which can generate up to 40 million precise dots per second.
Mobile printing is also supported through the Epson Connect option. Within the Epson Link are the following attributes: Email Print, iPrint Mobile App, and Remote Print. Users may also print via the Apple AirPrint, Kindle Fire, and Google Cloud Print.
6. Canon Office Products MX532 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
The Canon Pixma MX532 is an all-in-one inkjet printer with copy and scan capabilities, an automatic document feeder and built-in faxing. The multi-color ink cartridge has to be replaced when one colour runs out. There is an automatic document feeder to allow you to copy or scan a pile of pages in 1 operation.
The printer includes a tiny 2-inch display screen. It’s possible to link directly to a PC using a USB cable, or to a network router with WiFi. This model has built-in faxing, can store incoming faxes when the paper runs out and may send faxes from a connected PC. When setup to be used, the Canon Pixma MX532 asks a space that measures 7.9 inches high by 18 inches wide with 25.7 inches deep.
7. Dell E525W Wireless Color Printer
The Dell E525w is a printer beautiful little color multifunction that has a great feature set and simple controls. It’s only let down from its almost-prohibitive color-print price and to a lesser degree, with a slightly clunky mono LCD. Within this market place, you have to consider all of the choices, including business inkjet, before buying.
If you publish a lot with little fonts, need a automatic duplexer, or just want fast print speeds, be sure to take a look at the HP M277dw, which, in addition to a duplexer and much better rate on our evaluations, provides higher-quality text and graphics than the Dell Color Multifunction Printer – E525w, however lesser photo quality.
If you do not need a duplexer, however, and don’t use small fonts very often, that the E525w is well worth considering, with a balance of speed, output quality, and MFP features which make it highly attractive for the purchase price.
8. HP Laserjet Pro M277dw Wireless All-in-One Color Printer
The HP Color LaserJet Pro M277dw offers exceptional print quality, is quick to scan and can keep printing costs low with its high-yield cartridge. From printing and copying color to quickly scanning, the HP Color LaserJet Pro M277dw does it all — and also to get a fair price.
Among features like an auto-duplexer for double-sided duplicates and multiple networking and link options, the printer’s actual standout capability is the way that it retains text printing prices low by using a high-yield cartridge. Print quality is high across the board, even though it requires a little for those prints to emerge.
With Wi-Fi, an auto-duplexer and facsimile capability all constructed in, together with the ability to print on glossy paper, the HP M277dw supplies a lot of bang for your buck, especially when you consider its high-yield cartridges which put text printing prices in line with those of a monochrome laser model.
9. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer
Epson Expression Photo XP-15000 using its high 20ppm rate is a much better version of its predecessors. It’s more streamlined, which empowers it to fit on almost any typical desk conveniently. But that is not all because it’s such a lot more attributes; it provides borderless, two-sided prints, and it is also possible to select the print dimensions.
Also, it supports many different paper finishes, such as cardstock. It’s also less expensive, and the best part is it will not allow you to run out of ink! This printer includes Amazon Dash Replenishment attribute which once you trigger, keeps track of your use of ink and automatically requests more from Amazon after you begin to run low, that is a reasonably necessary attribute and save the consumer a great deal of time, hassle and effort.
10. HP Envy 120 Wireless Color Photo Printer
The HP Envy 120 is slightly more affordable than other cardstock printers by Hewlett Packard, believing that it mostly has similar essential functions; It acts as a scanner and a copier and operates with your regular printer paper and cardstock.
This printer is wireless, has standard connectivity of 1 USB 2.0 port and a memory card slot, which makes it a convenient printer to own. Its 4.33-inch touchscreen makes using it easier and quicker than other printers using buttons.
But it’s one downside that’s its printing speed; The ISO rate for colored prints is the only 4ppm that becomes time-consuming if you need to earn lots of colored copies or prints. Other than that, it is a relatively slick and stylish inkjet printer, with its lightweight, slender and all black body.
11. Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
The Epson Stylus Photo 14400 is harmonious, portable and one of a kind with its PictBridge port technology. You do not need a laptop or desktop to publish pictures from your digital camera since Stylus can be used to print directly from the camera.
The printer is powerful enough to print on massive stock sheets such as Cardstock. The image quality is perfect with absolutely blended colors and high-resolution pictures, this is why it’s fantastic for home printing as well. So go ahead and use this top printer for scrapbooking.
We’ve come to the end of the review of the best printers for cardstock. Cardstock printing can be challenging, so to begin with, you have to understand how to work with it. These eleven printers that we looked at happen to be the best of the best on the market when it comes to cardstock and substantial papers.
We recommend you take lots of factors into consideration, like multi-functionality. If you don’t own a scanner or fax machine and you want them too, it is a good idea to go for some of those printers which have those attributes as well. By so doing, you will not just save money but may also prevent clutter in your workspace.
I hope that the recommendations above would have helped you find the best printer for cardstock as per your needs. However, if you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API